Techniques we’ll learn in this tutorial:
- using Canva for phone
- creating text with an outline overlay
- copying design elements for faster execution
1. Open Canva app.
2. Choose a file size (I’m using Instagram).
3. Select Blank template.
4. Tap on the blank canvas to start.
5. You have the option of using a plain color as your background, or adding an image from Canva or from your own Camera Roll.
(I used an image from Canva. Searched “book” and selected one I like from the gallery. It instantly appears on the canvas)
6. Click on + found at the bottom right of the screen to add other elements.
7. Options for other elements will appear on screen. Click text.
8. Type your text and change font to Sifonn.
9. Edit the color, size, and alignment.
10. Repeat process 8 and 9 but change the font to Sifonn Outline.
11. Change the color of the outline text so it will be visible over the first text.
12. My quote would require me another set of these highlight text, so I would copy them instead of going through the same process again. Click the options button at the top.
13. You will open up the copy, bring forward, and bring under options. Click on your texts and click copy.
14. Click done.
15. Now we have two sets of texts – the regular and outline texts.
16. Type the new text on one set and edit its colors. You may also change the size if you want the other set to be bigger (I kept mine the same size).
17. Overlay the outline text over the regular one by dragging it into place (I like to offset it a bit).
18. If the outline goes under the regular text, click options again and choose bring forward or under. Be sure to click the right element to bring forward or under. We don’t want to bring any of the elements under the background image.
19. Add some additional texts in complementary font to complete the quote.
20. Arrange everything in place (I edited my sizes and colors further).
21. When you’re happy, save and share!
And there you have it! A quote graphic that look like you spent hours on it, but you’ve actually just made it on your phone in less than 15 minutes (depends really on how long you need to decide on colors and sizes 😁 )